vendredi 23 juin 2017

How to Book a Trip Without Losing Your Mind or Emptying Your Bank Account




It used to be that even mid-sized companies had a department – or at least an employee – who would make all the business travel arrangements. These days, though, along with cutting back on expense accounts  across the board, most us wind up booking our own tickets and figuring out where we’re going to stay on our own. But how? With the bottom-line on everyone’s mind, finding the least expensive option is usually a priority. Luckily, that doesn’t mean business travel has to be unpleasant. By following the checklists and guides we’ve included, travel might actually become something you look forward  to doing.
 Should I book my flight and hotel together?
 It depends. You can save some money purchasing a package deal, but the only way to know for sure is to do a lot of comparison shopping, and be very flexible about flight times and hotel locations. Since most business travelers don’t have this luxury, we’re going  to concentrate on booking them both separately.

Checklist for Cheap Flights  

 

 

 

To get the cheapest possible flights you should ask yourself the following questions. Have I …   

given up caring about which carrier I fly? My frequent flyer miles will not grow mold.    
started this process no more than a month before my travel dates, but no less than two weeks?   
compared multiple websites? (A consolidator site like Kayak can do this for you)   
checked individual airlines’ websites, because sometimes there are unadvertised specials?   
tried to get the lowest advertised price through the airline’s website in order to maintain frequent flier points?   
purchased my ticket on a Tuesday around noon, as that’s the cheapest time to buy?   
arranged it so (if possible), I’ll be flying on a Tuesday, Wednesday or Saturday – ideally Wednesday?    
avoided traveling around the holidays? If I must, I’ll fly on the actual holiday itself.   
chosen flights that are early in the morning or in the evening?  I’ve avoided mid-day – that’s for the lazies (and the folks with money to burn).    
accepted that I might have to deal with a layover? The difference can sometimes be hundreds of dollars. (See page TK for how to make the most of your layover.)

Checklist for Getting  a Great Seat




Have you ever found yourself wedged in the middle seat of the last row in front of the bathroom? That seat doesn’t recline – but the ones in front of it certainly do. Meanwhile, you’re bolt upright, squished between a five-year-old traveling alone for the first time and a chatty obese cat lady who smells of cheese.
In order to get the best seat possible, make certain you’ve …   
joined that airline’s frequent flier program as soon as I decided which tickets I was going to buy.    
arranged to purchase my ticket one month in advance – more notice means more seating choices.   
gone onto seatguru.com to figure out the best seats on the particular type of plane I’ll be flying.    
kept the seatguru.com window open as I purchased my ticket, and completed the checklist below!

Checklist for Picking Your Seat

Before I’ve picked my seat(s), I’ve made sure to avoid …
 Front-row seats facing a wall. I need leg room and who wants to stare at a wall for hours!    
Last-row seats, even along an exit row, because they don’t recline.   
“Between” window seats. While not as unbearable as a middle seat, a window seat with no window is not fun for anyone.
 Any seat too close to the bathrooms. Even setting aside the smell factor – which can be epic, especially on a long haul – people will constantly be hovering over you and bumping your book or laptop. Then there’s the smell.
 Sitting too far from the wings if you get freaked out by turbulence. The closer you are to the wings, the less you will feel it.
 Pretty much any seat that’s not an aisle seat. Aisle seats mean extra legroom, which counts for a lot in coach!
If, after following all these steps, you still end up with a horrible seat, try to get to the airport early enough to ask the person manning the check-in counter to swap you.




1 commentaire:

  1. FindChatters.com - New website to post your Instagram, Snapchat and KIK usernames! Promote your account, chat with horny girls & guys at dirty chat provided by FindChatters - https://findchatters.com/

    RépondreSupprimer